Sunday, December 1, 2013

Shaw Snags Win Again. Denver Starts Roadie With Raptors

I came an excited second from sending out my prediction on the Nuggets and Raptors. I knew we were starting a road trip in Toronto, but I did not quite realize that 1pm Toronto time meant 11am Denver time. I awakened thinking I was scrolling through a menu of football and was shocked to be watching the pre-game interview with coach Shaw.  Coach was concerned about  how well they rebound on offense and I panicked since I don't follow the Raptors but I know that the Nuggets do not rebound well. Well they can, but they tend to let the bigs do all the dirty work and they get burned for it. I walked by my computer and nearly blasted my fear to the blogosphere. Instead, I watched with trepidation.

Sure enough, the Nuggets came out sluggish as I suspected and went down by 7. No, not 7 points, the largest point deficit was 15 points early in Toronto. On the way to a 15 point deficit the Nuggest were down 17-10 on the boards. If George Karl had this same team it might have been time to call it an early game let down. When I heard Andre and them come in I got excited about the future.

       Andre Miller and Nate Robinson are like a two head point guard that is complete with YMCA swag and heat check bravado. Timofey Mosgov is slowly becoming a serious force in the paint and that hook shot is unstoppable. I could break down the game and give out kudos all around, but if you're not watching I will let you catch up later like the rest.  Final score: Denver 112 (we get tacos), Toronto 98.

       The fact that they won this game does not compare to how they won this game. George could have found the pieces to make it close late, but this was a game that demanded you snatch the heart out of your opponent. Rudy Gay, Demarr Derozan, Kyle Lowry. These guys are game closers, so you never want  them to hang around late and let their heroics rise with the game temperature. Shaw knows this and Miller knows this. Robinson understands it, but he has the same mentality as the Toronto 3 and will live and die by his own sword at times. Shaw has decided to simply coach Nate through Miller.  As you watch games, you will hear Miller calling Nate's number over and over and orchestrating offense until that well runs dry. Lately, it floweth over.

        Brian Shaw, Coach of the Month......and Andre Miller, Assistant Coach of the Month......Nate Robinson, back-up point guard of the Month, and of course Ty Lawson Player of the Month.



                                              Is it time for Jason Kidd to put on a uniform?

Nate Robinson thinks that referee's hate on him. Is he right?


No comments:

Post a Comment