Friday, January 3, 2014

Andre Miller's Suspension Explains Nuggets Dysfunction

Dare we say implosion?

Well I won't.  Not yet.  But when I  caught the news feed that Andre Miller had been suspended for behavior detrimental to the team (yelled at the coach on the court for not playing him), I was not shocked at all.

Don't get me wrong, I was totally shocked that it was Andre who was involved.  I can't even call him Miller, because he has carried Nuggets fans into some big time scraps over the years and he always made me glad that he was on my side.  His decision making is special and it has extended his career further than Allen Iverson got to go. But Kenneth Faried displayed similar sentiment a few weeks back and is just now working back into the grace of the coach. At the time, I was shocked that it was Faried who is a well mannered young player.

 If Dre' has revolted, others have as well and I think I saw another sign of more to come.

Sometimes when you watch cameramen capture things on the court, it seems like haphazard actions.  When you respect that they are professionals you realize that very little is haphazard.

I was watching the end of the 76'ers loss and the cameraman zoomed in on Nate Robinson talking to a player from the other team longer after a terrible loss.  The intensity of his conversation added with some finger pointing towards the Nuggets coaches seemed odd to me (and the cameraman) so I mentioned it to my wife.

I also mentioned in my last post that the Nuggets don't even finish one full quarter with a consistent style of play.  If Brian Shaw can't find 5 guys with the same motivation's than it explains what we've all been looking at.

Shaw may have too many coaches that are like him; up and comer's who might actually get a sniff sometime soon, especially if the Nuggets do well.  That can be a good thing or a curse if  too many strong willed opinions are flooding the head of the team.

During time outs, I have always noticed that some of the coaches, especially Melvin Hunt, seem to take a role that is too vocal before the head coach has a chance to address the issue. Each game, Shaw has to step further and further out onto the court to separate himself from the other coaches during time outs.  Hunt is the key carry over from George Karl, so there may be something to that.

No one is more excited about the upside of this team than I am.  The identity that they teased us with had a nice face to it.  They haven't found that face in some time and a team without an identity is always reflective of leadership.  Shaw could have a bright future in coaching  that won't make it till the end of the season if he can not figure out this web that is weaved around his team.


No comments:

Post a Comment