Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Hypocrisy: Are we simply asking for the right to be wrong too.

Add caption
I would hate to simplify the arguments of the angry Right like Ann Coulter, Eric Bolling/FOX news...you know, the mad one's, but I have listened closely and I think I hear them loud and clear.

(Coulter as quoted from her book "Treason") .....Is there no traitor liberals won't defend? Liberals attack their country and then go into diarrhea panic if anyone criticizes them.....

Now, I selected this quote by randomly opening the book because the whole book reads like my brothers and sisters crying about how they got yelled at for the same stuff I got away with. Hypocrisy, hypocrisy, hypocrisy. The whole damn book is about the hypocrisy of the left (especially the liberal media).

Nothing. I repeat, nothing that she writes is necessarily wrong. She and all of those who sound like her are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT when they say it is hypocritical to criticize them for things that their opponents do all the time. The problem is she and all of those who stand on this moral high ground are only insisting on the right to be wrong like everybody else. Speaking as they do can garner a great following because people who feel like them are quickly losing a voice thanks to political correctness and the mass proliferation of liberal media agenda's (How did I do? Did I catch the essence?). The question we should ask of them and all who jockey for power with divisive politics: Is America better for it in the end?  Yes Ann.  I know...Of course America is better with less liberalism.



Once again, I repeat. You are right Ann. Eric. FOX. The hypocrisy of liberalism is bad. The hypocrisy of racism is disgusting. Yet, if you take dirty laundry and try to hide it under the bed it starts to stink a bit. Let me bring you into the arena of discourse with this comforting thought. All cries of race are becoming insignificant as we all face similar economic struggles. Even MLK saw that poverty, which transcends color, was blurring the importance of the black movement. I am a black man who hates the cry of racism just as much as I hate that we pretend it has gone away. I hate that some think racism is only the black kid who gets harassed by law enforcement ocassionally and not the little white kid in an inner-city school who gets harassed each day. Acting like the choice of slavery doesn't have consequences and that we are in some post-racial America is like Toronto Mayor Rob Ford insisting that he doesn't need help with substance abuse.

If race is truly keeping us from being the best we can be, then lets face it head on. Oprah Winfrey has transcended race in the eyes of so many people because she has destroyed the underachieving stereotype of blacks that existed until someone achieved on her level (and she be talkin' real proper too). Unfortunately the best of her impact will shine in the generations to come. It will shine in the perceptions of our youth who grew up seeing accomplished blacks. This generation is, sadly, too politically correct to grow. We can't grow if we don't know and we can't know if we won't discuss it.

The more I get to know a stranger, the more they start to look like me, that hypocrite in the mirror.....SquareBiz.

No comments:

Post a Comment